Kinesis Advantage Contoured Keyboard - Detailed Specification Sheet
Kinesis contoured keyboards are based on a unique, patented
design that minimizes the pain and strain typists experience from heavy use
of conventional computer keyboards. The Advantage offers ergonomic and programmability
features most suitable for the everyday computer user.
Information Sheet on the Kinesis Advantage Contoured Keyboard
Line in PDF format.
Advantage (basic programmable) models
This is the most popular and versatile model of the Kinesis contoured keyboard
family. The Advantage USB contoured keyboard sets a new standard for ergonomic
keyboards. The Advantage line incorporates the same advanced ergonomic design
as other contoured keyboards by Kinesis and delivers additional features not found
on other USB keyboards. Easily customized, it is optimal for most computer users.
You can buy the accessories you need without paying for things you won't use.
What Makes this Keyboard Ergonomic?
The ergonomic design resulted from two years of research and testing and has
proven itself in over six years of commercial use. Kinesis contoured keyboards
are prescribed by physicians and placed by physical and occupational therapists
dealing with keyboard-related repetitive strain injuries. They offer a wide
range of features which make them an excellent choice for anyone who is not
a hunt and peck typist, and seeking to reduce the pain and fatigue from typing,
or prevent problems arising from typing activity.
here to review all the ergonomic benefits
Why Should I Buy this Keyboard?
(Very helpful in determining whether this keyboard is right
here to read a research study on the Contoured Keyboard Line
- Advanced ergonomics PLUS on-board programmability
- Powerful Programming features at an affordable price!
- Remap any or all keys!
- Select 24, 36, or 48 macros (56, 38, or 28 characters long, respectively)
- Switch between QWERTY and Dvorak layouts seamlessly!
- Modifier keys can be "sticky" (set individually)
- Upgradable to the Advantage Pro
- Integrated 2 port USB hub
- Supports the Single
Action Footswitch Accessory (FS005RJ11) and the Kinesis
Triple Action Footswitch Accessory (FS006TAF) - allows you to map
any keyboard action (including toggling on the numeric keypad) to a footswitch
Instant configuration for Mac, PC and Non-Windows PC environments, including
Mac and Windows Legended keycaps. No drivers required, only requirement is one
free USB port.
- USB Interface for PC - Supports Windows 95/98/98ME/2000/XP (includes
Windows key actions and legends), and non-Windows PC operating environments
(Free BSD, LINUX, etc.).
- USB Interface for Mac - Supports Mac OS 8.6 and higher.
Layout Options for the Advantage contoured keyboard
- All Advantage keyboards models can switch between QWERTY
and Dvorak key layouts with
a combination keystroke. Here are the three configurations available for this keyboard in QWERTY
(when switched to DVORAK only letters and core symbols are altered)
- Want dual legends? Buy a "QD" Qwerty-Dvorak
dual-legended model or if you want to upgrade later, buy a keycap upgrade
kit . Sorry, but Dvorak-only legends are not available.
- The embedded keypad offers maximum productivity and comfort for 10-key users,
especially using a foot switch. Click
here for more information on how to use the embedded numeric keypad.
- The Windows
keys are easily accessed by pressing the embedded function key assigned
- Advantage Contoured Keyboard for PC/Mac, White
Case - KB500USB-WHT
- Advantage Contoured Keyboard for PC/Mac, Black
Case - KB500USB-BLK
- Advantage Contoured Keyboard for PC/Mac, QWERTY-Dvorak Dual Legended,
White Case - KB500USB-QD-WHT
- Advantage Contoured Keyboard for PC/Mac, QWERTY-Dvorak
Dual Legended, Black Case - KB500USB-QD-BLK
- Advantage Qwerty/Dvorak dual legend Keycaps set, KC020DU-WHT,
- Width: 16.5 inches
- Height: 2.9 inches
- Depth (front-to-back): 8 inches
- Weight: 2.5 lbs
- Front Slope: 10 degrees
- Lateral Tilt ("thumbs up"): 20 degrees
- Center Separation: 6.75 inches
FOOTSWITCHES (Optional; single and triple available)
- Default is 'Keypad Shift' (numeric keypad mode is enabled until footswitch
- Second default footswitch action is 'Shift'
- Programmable when used with programmable keyboards
- User's Manual
- Adaptation Materials
- Self-adhesive Silver (for White Models) or Black (for Black models)
Key Action Specifications:
- Full travel, tactile mechanical keyswiches: 68
- Peak Force: 1.59 oz. or 45 grams
- Pre-travel: 2 mm
- Total Travel: 4 mm
- Keyswitch Life: 50 million operations
- Audible or silent click mode available
- Elastomeric keyswitches: 18
- Soft Tactile action
EMBEDDED KEY ACTIONS:
- Numeric keypad actions: 18
- Windows 95 key actions: 3
- International key actions: 2
- Other programmable key actions: 60
- Two Year Limited Warranty
If you opened this page from our online catalog, close this
window to return to it. If you opened this page from outside the ErgoCanada.com
web site, click
here to enter our online catalog.
Please bookmark this site and check back often, as we continuously
add new products and update product information.
Ergonomics Portal: ErgoCanada.com
P.O. Box 9022 Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7K 7E7
Phone: (306) 382-5995 Fax: (306) 382-4995
Toll-Free: (866) 335-3746 (ERGO)
Check out our other portals:
- Specialty gaming products for extreme gamers
ErgoLaptop.com - Ergonomic products
for laptop users.
BirdXCanada.com - Bird control products
All materials copyright
© 2008 Micwil Group of Companies Ltd.